The amazing Iongen completely eliminates string algae!
The IonGen™ Second- generation
electronic water clarifier for Ponds, Pondless® Waterfalls and other decorative water features drastically reduces maintenance and provides crystal clear water without the use of chemicals. A microprocessor inside the IonGen™ release ions from a scientifically blended and tested probe that achieves maximum treatment results in water features. Most effective when used inline - usually easiest to catch pipe coming out of skimmer.
- Drastically reduces pond maintenance
- Helps eliminate unsightly water conditions without the use of chemicals
- Simple to install
- Can be used with fish and plants
- Energy efficient (less than $1 a month in electricity cost)
- Treats ponds up to 25,000 gallons
- May be dropped in Skimmer or BioFalls
- Probe typically lasts 1-3 seasons, depending on the ionization level it is operated at, size of pond and water parameters of the water feature.
- Complete with electronic control panel, outdoor-rated transformer, flow chamber, probe, fittings, copper test kit, and owner's manual
Note: 25' Extension Cords with Quick- Connect may be used to extend either the 15' Cord from the Probe to the Control Panel or the Control Panel to the Transformer
All Iongen Products and Parts. Order from drop down menu at top of page.
95012 - IonGen G2 System
95016 - IonGen (G2) Replacement Probe
95072 - IonGen (G1.5) Replacement Probe
98881 - IonGen Replacement Probe for Original Generation One IonGen (G1)
80042 John's Copper Check Test Strips This water quality test promises to be an attractive alternative to wet chemical copper tests for several reasons: There are no hazardous chemicals to mix (an MSDS is not required); Quick results are obtained in less than 1 minute; No identified interferences; And, best of all, the Copper water quality test strips are safe and easy to use for fast accurate results within the ranges of 0 to 2 ppm (mg/L), which permits the measurement of typical copper levels found in well, tap, and stream water. The test is very convenient to run: dip test strip into sample for 30 seconds with constant back and forth motion, remove, and match color after 2 minutes to quantify the Copper level in the sample.
80005- pH/Alkalinity Test Strips -
The WaterWorks pH and Total Alkalinity Test works by using a single test strip that is designed to test for pH and Total Alkalinity using 2 seperate test pads. Fast, semi-quantitative results in one single dip test procedure! Test Range is for pH is 6.0 to 9.0 and 0-360 ppm for total alkalinity. Includes 50 test strips
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions about the IonGen
Replacing your old Original IonGen Tee and Probe with the the new Generation Two Flow Chamber
- Outdoor weatherproof Control Panel
- Easy to read digital display
- Adjustable ionization level
- Indicator notifies you when the probe needs to be replaced
- Tool-free probe installation
- Angled probe helps deflect debris and reduce clogging
- 2" threaded inlet and outlet
- Includes 2" PVC slip fittings and universal barbed hosetail fittings (1", 1.25", 1.5")
- Can be installed directly into the water feature plumbing or the Flow Chamber can be placed in an area with good water circulation
If you have the original Generation One IonGen Tee and Probe and would like to replace the Tee with the new Generation Two Flow Chamber, please select one of the two options below:
- Option 1 - Cap your original Tee with a standard 2 Inch Male Threaded PVC Plug and simply install the new unit in another section of pipe
- Option 2 - Carefully cut the IonGen™ [G1] Tee-Fitting out of the pipeline right at edges of the fitting.
Because the IonGen™ [G2] Flow Chamber is longer than the [G1] Tee-Fitting, you will have just enough room to install the Flow Chamber in the same spot. You may even have to trim a bit of the excess pipe.
The new Flow Chamber is on top and the old-style Tee is below it. Please note the size difference.
Question: If my Generation One Control panel died, can I replace it with the new Generation Two Control Panel?
They made some huge improvements
to the Control Panel with Gen Two:
1. A percentage of the
Gen 1 panels got moisture in them causing them to fail. They completely
water-proofed Gen 2.
2. A percentage of the
Gen 1‘s developed corrosion between the connection of the Control Panel wire
and the top of the probe. This has been corrected.
3. They digitized the
Gen 2 Panel
4. The old wires were
hardwired in. The new Gen 2 Control Panel only #95017 come with 25’ of wire with the new
Quick-connects that the Aquascape lighting uses between the Panel and the Probe
as well as the Panel and the transformer. If you need more distance, you can
buy the 25’ Extension cables with Quick-connects on each end at http://www.thepondoutlet.com/home/tpo/page_5056
You can use the original Gen 1
Probes with the Gen
Two Control Panels ( #95017 for $95.98) but you need the Conversion Wire #95018
to make it work
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does it hurt IonGen to be turned on with no water going through
Aquascape Tech Answer:
The iongen will not suffer if it is left on with no water flowing past it. The panel will most likely show 00 but once water is flowing again it will take a reading and return to the previous setting. If it was going to be without water for an extended period of time like with Snowbirds or for winter, we would recommend unplugging it.
View the PDF for complete operating instructions.
View PDF Info Sheet