AmmoLock by PondCare - Ammonia Detoxifier
Starts at: Price Varies
Remove chlorine & chloramines from tap water & detoxify ammonia, continually produced in the pond, by waste matter.
Locks up ammonia, converting it into a form that not only is nontoxic to aquatic life, but serves as a source of nutrition for nitrifying bacteria in the biological filter.
Eliminates ammonia stress and promotes healthy gill function of pond fish.
Detoxifies ammonia, removes chlorine and chloramine;thereby promoting healthy gill function.
Treats 960 gallons per 8 ounces.
Purpose And Benefits:
It is impossible to see or smell ammonia in pond water. The only way to know if ammonia is present in the pond is with an ammonia test kit. Use the PondCare Liquid Ammonia Test Kit to accurately measure the ammonia level in ponds and water gardens.
Directions For Use:
Read thoroughly before testing. Do not allow Test Solutions to get into aquarium.
To remove childproof safety cap: With one hand, push red tab left with thumb while unscrewing cap with free hand.
1. Fill a clean test tube with 5 ml of water to be tested (to the line on the tube).
2. Add 8 drops from Ammonia Test Solution Bottle #1, holding the dropper bottle upside down in a completely vertical position to assure uniformity of drops added to the water sample.
3. Add 8 drops from Ammonia Test Solution Bottle #2, holding the dropper bottle upside down in a completely vertical position to assure uniformity of drops added to the water sample.
4. Cap the test tube and shake vigorously for 5 seconds. Do not hold finger over the open end of the tube, as this may affect the test results.
5. Wait 5 minutes for the color to develop.
6. Read the test results by matching the test solution against the Ammonia Test Color Chart. The tube should be viewed against the white area beside the color chart. Color comparisons are best made in a well-lit area. The closest match indicates the ppm (mg/L) of ammonia in the water sample. Rinse the test tube with clean water after each use.
Bottle #2 contains sodium hydroxide and sodium hypochlorite
Causes severe burns
Contact with acids liberates toxic gas
Toxic by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed
Danger of cumulative effects
Keep locked up and out of the reach of children
Keep away from food, drink and animal feeding stuffs
In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water (at least 15 minutes) and seek medical advice immediately. If contact lenses are present, remove after 5 minutes and continue rinsing
After contact with skin, wash immediately with plenty of water. Remove contaminated clothing
Wear suitable gloves and eye/face protection
In case of accident or if you feel unwell, seek medical advice immediately (show label where possible)
Do not mix with acidic materials
The PondCare Liquid Ammonia Test Kit can be used to test ammonia ponds and water gardens. The Liquid Ammonia test Kit is compatible with "ammonia removing" products.
Available in 3 sizes:
AQP166B -16 oz -
AQP166G -32 oz -
AQP166D -64 oz -
View the PDF for complete operating instructions.