Savio Skimmer Filter
The Savio Skimmerfilter dramatically reduces pond maintenance while blending seamlessly with the surrounding landscape. Combining four types of filtration for superior pond water clarity - its all-in-one approach reduces plumbing and equipment. All four systems work in harmony, in one easy to install unit that saves you time and money. Three faceplate assemblies are available to accommodate a variety of pump sizes.
The skimmer filter's super strong injection molded housing and cylindrical design resist warping and compaction in the ground, winning the approval of landscape and irrigation professionals everywhere. It's large enough to accommodate a large submersible pump or two medium sized pumps. The Savio Skimmerfilter works as a complete Filtration Solution for ponds up to 1,000 gallons (or use with a Savio LivingPonds Filter for larger water features and still enjoy the same clean, clear water.)
Select from the following:
Parts & Accessories:
Faceplate Assembly 6" (up to 300 sq. ft.) (SSW6000)
Faceplate Assembly 8.5" (up to 500 sq.ft.) (SSW8500)
Faceplate Assembly 16" (up to 1200 sq.ft.) (SSW16000)
Skimmer Filter Mat (White) - SAV120 (14" x 17 3/4") (RS020)
Matala Ultra Mat - 14" x 19" (Green Matala)
MATSA01 - Media for Savio Skimmer Filter
MATSA02 - Media for Savio Compact
SAVZ21 - Screw Pack RS023
SAVZ03 - Debris Basket RS003
SAVZ04 - Center Baffle RS004
SAV137 - Left Baffle for UVinex RS105
SAV138 - Right Baffle for UVinex RS106
SAVZ10 - Baffle Block RS019
SAV122 - Filter Frame RS024
SAVZ08 - Cover (Black) RS002
SAVZ07 - 6" Weir Door RS012
SAVZ12 - Divider (2-Piece) RS018
SAVZ14 - Tank RS001
- Skimmer action removes up to 85% of debris before it settles to the pond bottom.
- Macro filtration traps large debris for easy removal
- Optional UV clarifier eliminates green water (up to two UV clarifiers may be added to each Skimmerfilter)
- Biological and mechanical filtration polishes water.
- Integrated water stop flange
- Rugged injection molded leaf basket
- One click locking weir allows complete isolation for cleaning and winterization
- Sturdy non-skid black cover handles foot traffic
- Super strong injection molding provides strength that resist warping
- Only one unit to stock with optional sized faceplate assemblies.
- Provides skimming action by pulling debris from water surface. Provides macro filtration via leaf basket for removal of large debris.
- Provides bio filtration via filter media providing surface area for beneficial bacterial growth. Optional UV filtration for elimination of green water. Knockouts for ease in plumbing.
- 5 Year Manufacturer's Limited Warranty on Filter Housing and Lid
- 1 Year Manufacturer's Limited Warranty on all Internal Component's
Skimmerfilter Combines 4 Types of Filtration UV Filtration
- Savio Skimmerfilters are the only skimmers on the market with a patented integrated UV system (sold separately) - a safe, chemical free way to eliminate green water.
- Pulls debris from the surface of the water, capturing in a rigid leaf basket with handle for clean, no mess disposal
- Filter media provides a surface for beneficial bacteria to colonize the skimmerfilter, converting biological waste from fish, ammonia and other toxins to inert forms for healthier ponds.
- The skimmerfilter protects and extends the life of your pump, providing a place to conceal ugly equipment and plumbing. When used with a biological filtration system, the skimmer prefilters debris allowing your filter to work more efficiently.
My Skimmerfilter's filter pad requires excessive cleaning - Is this normal?
This could indicate that the pump flow rate is too high or that the waste load in the pond is too heavy (due to fish waste or excessive plant debris). For ponds with flow rates greater than 5,000 gph, Savio recommends removal of the filter pad and the addition of a Savio Livingponds Filter to meet your bio-filtration needs.
My Skimmerfilter's pump chamber runs dry during operation, what's causing this?
This could be caused by one of three things; 1) Low water level in the pond. Water level should be between 3/4" above or below optimum water mark on faceplate. 2) Weir door is closed/stuck/obstructed. 3) Weir is not large enough for pump flow. To solve this, reduce the pump flow, install a smaller pump, or install a larger faceplate assembly.
Water seems to be leaking around my Skimmerfilter's faceplate.
The skimmerfilter relies on compression to seal the faceplate to the liner, so - first thing - check the tightness of the screws. They should be quite snug - resist the urge to use a power driver however as this can strip out the threads in the skimmer. If the screws are tight and the faceplate is still not sealing properly - drain the pond 6" - 8" and remove the faceplate. Clean mud, gravel, and other debris from the matting surfaces - then smooth out any wrinkles and reinstall.
Can I retrofit your Skimmerfilter to an existing pond?
Absolutely. Savio Skimmerfilters are designed to be installed after the pond has been filled - whether it's a new install or an existing installation.The Skimmerfilter's long neck makes this possible. For more information on this, check your Skimmerfilter installation guide.
Savio Engineering, Inc. provides a manufacturer's limited warranty of 5 years from original purchase date. Warranty is non-transferable. Within the warranty period Saviowill repair materials with manufacturing deficiencies at their discretion. This warranty does not cover any faults caused by improper use, installation and handling of the device or as a result of wear and tear. Savio Engineering, Inc. does not assume liability for consequential damage caused by the failure of the Savio Skimmerfilter. Warranty is void if the product is not used in accordance with instructions. For warranty claims, please contact your dealer.
View the PDF for complete operating instructions.
View PDF Info Sheet