During the past few years OASE has with the Biotec 10 marketed the most
successful filter concept available. Biotec 10.1 is the direct follow-up
developments of this great product.
Basically, this new filter is also a flow through filter which has many
advantages, such as the rich supply of oxygen and high flow through rates.
Remaining fish food, fish excrement, decaying vegetation and also petals,
leaves and dust brought in by the wind pollute a pond with a surplus of
nutrients. The consequences are often algae growth and murky ponds. Increased
decomposition processes also pollute the pond with toxic substances, which will
reduce plant growth and endanger the health of fish or other occupants of the
The biological cleaning
This is where the Biotec 10.1 get really active. The polluted water is fed
into the filter system with the help of an Aquamax filter pump. The optimised
filter surfaces trap the pollution particles and thus clean the pond
Additionally, the filter develops the all important biological environment to
enable the nitrification in oxygen-rich conditions (blue and red filter foams).
During this process toxic nitrite compounds are converted into other harmless
Biotec 10.1 furthermore offer the required volume and a sufficiently large
filter surface area for the second stage of the decomposition of nitrite
compounds, the denitrification (green filter foams). Here, in an oxygen poor
area, micro-organisms help to convert the end product of the nitrification
process into gaseous nitrogen which can escape from the pond.
Easy cleaning – Systematically
- All filter foams are suspended. When they require cleaning they can simply
be squeezed against the intermediate plate with the help of the cleaning lever.
The integrated waste outlet can then be opened for the dirty water to drain
- To support the cleaning function you can connect a fresh water supply to
rinse the filter.
- An overflow at the intermediate platform leaves no doubt about any possible
- Enough oxygen in the filter at all times To ensure that there is enough
oxygen in the water, it always enters through a nozzle based on the venturi
- Furthermore, the filter has an external connection for an aeration pump
(Aqua-Oxy). Particularly in hot weather a pond can suffer a lack of oxygen.
- The thermometer displays the current water temperature and in autumn it
indicates when the filter can be dismantled for safe over wintering. (Water
temperatures below 6°C).
- High quality materials and construction as well as functional design
symbolise the new Biotec filter range.
Product characteristics at a glance.
- Fish waste and food remnants, dead plants, as well as blossoms and leaves
are quickly decomposed.
- Healthy pond climate thanks to clear, algae-free, oxygen-rich water.
- Special filter sponges (red and blue) for highly effective nitrification and
- Overflow display at the intermediate lid indicates when maintenance is
- Cleaning via the sludge drain by simply pulling the integrated slide
- Pollution indicator and thermometer for monitoring the water
- Additional connector for adding oxygen via external aerator pumps
- Long service life due to high-quality materials in functional design and