The BioSmart 1600 UV is a multi-stage mechanical and biological filtration system in a compact package, designed for small ponds or for ponds with low biological load (small fish).
During biological filtration, the water is channeled through a series of filter foams that create a special environment by allowing the settling of beneficial bacteria. During this stage, harmful ammonia and nitrites are converted to nitrates, which support plant life in the pond. The Biosmart 1600 has an integrated UV Clarifier, which aids in the removal of harmful string algae. The UV Clarifier will cause the string algae to flocculate (clump) an then it is removed from the pond by the filter.
Effective Pond Size: up to 1600 gal. (without fish)
Recommended Pump Capacity: 800 GPH (min) to 1200 GPH (max)
Oase BioSmart 1600 UV Pond Filter – 9 Watt UV (40353)
The Oase BioSmart 1600 UV Pond Filter is a gravity-flow system that collects debris from the pond water for easy removal from the ecosystem. Dirt and other debris is collected in the bottom of the filter away from the filter foams. The integrated 9 watt UV Clarifier helps keep the pond clean and crystal clear.
Cleaning most pond filters is a messy job, but with the Oase BioSmart 1600 UV Pond Filter it couldn’t be easier. Simply turn off the pond pump and pull on the cleaning handles to clean the filter pads. The filter pads do not need to be removed for cleaning which protects them from damage and keeps you and your hands clean.
- Innovative Flow-Through filter design provides maximum oxygenation.
- BioSmart UVC 1600 is suitable for ponds up to 1,600 gallons (with no fish).
- High-surface area filter foams provide exceptional biological filtration capability.
- Distinct filter zones promote the settlement of a variety of beneficial bacterial responsible for different phases of the nitrogen cycle, which increases the conversion of harmful ammonia in your pond.
- Advance features include the built-in cleaning indicator notifies you when the filter needs cleaned and water temperature display tells you the water temperature at all times.
- Cleaning handles for convenient maintenance allow for easy cleaning without needing to remove or manually unclog the filter foams.
- After clearing the filter foams, the sludge drain can be opened for easy removal of coarse debris from the unit.
- For best results and clear water guaranteed, use with an appropriately sized OASE pump and UV clarifier.
- When properly sized, paired, and registered online, this product qualifies for the Clear Water Guarantee. Learn more at www.oase-livingwater.com/na/cwg
- 1 year warranty
The BioSmart is a flow-through filter that is both innovative and efficient. It undertakes both biological and mechanical filtration and offers maximum oxygenation. With a sludge drain that makes for easy removal of coarse debris, the BioSmart is built for work - there is no need to remove or manually unclog the filter foams. Distinct filter zones promote the settlement of beneficial bacteria responsible for different phases of the nitrogen cycle, increasing the conversion of harmful ammonia in the pond. When used in conjunction with the BioSmart filter, the AquaMax Eco Classic 1200-2700 or AquaMax Eco Premium 2000-3000 and the Vitronic UV Clarifier qualify for the OASE Water Guarantee.
UV Power: 9W (included)
Power Consumption: 12W
Power Cable Length: 16 ft.
Tubing Connector (intake): 1 in., 1 1/4 in., 1 1/2 in.
Outlet Connection: 2 3/4 in.
Filter Foams: 3 (1x Red, 1x Blue, 1x Green)
Dimensions (L x W x H): 11 x 14 x 16 in.
Limited Warranty: 1 Year