The Matala BioSteps 10 Waterfall Filter maximizes Matala filter media performance and features the latest generation of Matala filter media. This lightweight, versatile product is made of curly fiber thermo-polypropylene compounds and is non-toxic to the environment.
Contains an amazing 200 sq.ft. of surface area for beneficial bacteria growth. Combined with a cross flow design that traps and processes more debris at high flow rates, you get unparalleled mechanical and biological filtration for superior water quality.
Combine multiple units for large or heavily stocked koi ponds or use the Matala BioSteps 10 Waterfall Filter with an optional Matala UV Clarifier for improved water clarity. Universal barbed inlet for 1″, 1-1/4″ & 1-1/2″ kink-free tubing.
Rted for ponds up to 2,700 gallons, step-wise transition from mechanical filtration to high-efficiency bio filtration.
The Matala BioSteps 10 Waterfall Filter has 6 sections each with its own function:
|Inlet Chamber||Water inlet – capture of largest particles|
|Medium Density Matala||Prefiltration: To capture particles and to further digest organic matter by heterotrophic bacteria and plankton|
|High Density Matala||Biofiltration: Nitrification/nutrient balancing by plankton|
|Super High Density Matala||Biofiltration: Nitrification/nutrient balancing by plankton|
|Super High Density Matala||Biofiltration: Nitrification, denitrification and nutrient balancing by plankton|
|Outlet Chamber||Water polishing – water outlet|
- State of the art progressive filtration
- The Matala BioSteps 10 Waterfall Filter includes sufficient volume of Matala filter mats with progressive densities
- Filter design enhances growth of different ecological communities of bacteria and planktonic organisms that will colonize different sections of the filter
- Cross-flow pattern: Traps more dirt at high flow rates without plugging
- Built-in overflow safety
- Easy maintenance
- The Matala BioSteps 10 Waterfall Filter features a sloped bottom with built-in sludge drain
- Rugged construction
- Optional UV Clarifier available
- 1-year manufacturer’s limited warranty
DO NOT SUBMERSE. The Matala BioSteps 10 Waterfall Filter is not approved for use in swimming pools or salt water
|Max Pond Size||2700 gallons|
|Max Flow Rate||1060 GPH|
|Inlet||step down hose adapter fits 1", 1 1/4",1 1/2" kink free tubing|
|Spillway Width||11 in|
|Filter Dimensions||30.2" x 12.4" x 20.2 "|
All figures are based on the following assumptions: Minimum pond depth of 18 inches. Maximum flow rate shown above is circulated through the filter. Filter is operated continuously.
State of Art Progressive Filtration.Features of Biosteps Filter:
- Supplied with sufficient volume of Matala filter media with progressive densities.
- Filter design enhances growth of different ecological communities of bacteria and planktonic organisms that will colonies different sections of the filter.
- Cross-Flow Pattern: Traps more dirt at high flow rates without plugging.
- Flow rate up to 1060 gph maximum per unit.
- Built-In overflow safety.
- Easy maintenance.
- Sloped bottom with extra sink at outlet for easy draining of waste.
- Modular design allows for future expansion.
- Rugged construction.
Cross Support Bar:
“The BioSteps outlet fitting is a "push fit compression
fitting". Use standard sch 40 rigid 1.5" PVC pipe.
When you first insert the 1.5" pipe it will feel like it is too loose. Push hard and twist and the 1.5" pipe will go into the compression. You do not need any glue. See attachment. Another alternative is to use 2 inch sch 40 pipe. However you will want to purchase a 2 inch rubber coupler with hose clamps from Home Depot. The Rubber coupler will fit over the outside of the BioSteps Outlet fitting. Then the 2 inch pipe can fit inside the rubber coupler.
Waterfall Spillway for Biostep 10
Now you can instantly add a waterfall spillway to your biosteps 10 filter.
It attaches to the existing outlet fitting of your biosteps. This makes it very easy to install the biosteps inside a waterfall because it will attach right to your rubber liner so you can conceal the body of the biosteps. You can also install it as a stand alone unit which pours right back into the pond.
11 inch wide spillway.
The biostep filter just got even better.
Biostep filter not included.
Water in Crystal part isshorting out UV. Do I need to replace the whole UV fixture or just the Quartz tube?
Water can enter the quartz sleeve in the following ways.
1-Cracked quartz sleeve.
- oTurn off the pump.
- oRemove the electrical cap.
- oDisconnect the lamp.
- oAt the top of the body near the threads you will see a clear plastic ring which is the top of the quartz sleeve. You will also see small indentations around the perimeter of the quartz sleeve.
- oInsert a flat head screw driver into these indentations and gently pry each indentation a little at a time as the quartz sleeve will gradually lift out of the bod.
- oRemove the sleeve by sliding the quartz sleeve up out of the body.
- oCheck the quartz sleeve for cracks or obvious dmage.
2-Water can enter at the electrical cap.
- Be sure the o-ring on top of quartz sleeve is in place and the electrical cap is on hand tight.
- Check flow rate of water pump. Maximum flow through the BioSteps is 900 gals per hour.
- If flow rate is too fast water can push up around the electrical connection and enter the quartz sleeve.
A little condensation inside the body is common. This would amount to maybe a teaspoonful.
Check these first
View the PDF for complete operating instructions.