Nualgi Pond Treatment FREE SHIPPING!
Starts at: $30.00
Brand: Nualgi Ponds
Eliminate Nuisance Algae & Get Crystal Clear Water – Without an Algaecide!
- Safely improve water quality and balance the nitrogen cycle in your pond to reduce maintenance, bad odors, and fish feed by treating with Nualgi Ponds.
- Our breakthrough formula adds missing nutrients back into the water for healthier plants and fish.
What is Nualgi?
Nualgi is a patented liquid formulation which is dosed into ponds once a week. It is effective within hours of dosing. Nualgi contains nano-scale micronutrients (5-100nm) required for multiplication of the ubiquitous and beneficial diatoms in any water body. Nualgi contains Si, Fe, Mn, Ca, Mg, Zn, Cu, B, S, Mo, P,K and Co.
How does it work?
Nualgi causes a controlled and sustainable growth of beneficial diatoms. Diatoms are special types of algae that live inside 'glass houses' - they have hard outer shells made of silicon and oxygen, the same elements that make up glass. These outer casings are made of two half cylinders that fit together like a jewelry box. Inside this shell is a single celled organism that photosynthesizes, releasing Oxygen. The Oxygen is used by aerobic bacteria to break down organic matter. Higher DO levels result in tangible changes like cleaner water, reduction in BOD, lower coliform levels, elimination of foul odor, reduction in mosquito colonies in water and healthier aquatic life. Nualgi eliminates the use of UV filters thus saving costs. It is also a substitute for algae control products and water clarifiers.
Why Diatom Algae?
Diatoms are responsible for almost one fourth of the oxygen produced on Earth. There was no life on the planet before diatoms came into existence. Because of their glass like structure, they need less light to photosynthesize and therefore photosynthesize faster and earlier in the day, outcompeting filamentous algae like the harmful Blue Green algae (BGA) or green algae for nutrients such as N and P. Highly mobile, Zooplankton feed on the diatoms and the fish feed on zooplankton thus completing the natural food chain in a healthy water body. The organics exit the water in the form of fish biomass.
What are the specific changes that Nualgi causes in water?
1 liter of Nualgi releases 100 to 500 kgs of Oxygen, Produces 100 to 500 kgs of Diatoms, Consumes 8 to 40 kgs of N and 1 to 6 kgs of P, Consumes 150 to 700 kgs of Co2
Dosing Nualgi in your Pond:
I ml of Nualgi is applied to 1000 gallons of water once a week. Shake the bottle well before dosing. Nualgi mixes very easily in water, mechanical mixing is not required. Nualgi is dosed by diluting in the pond water and poured in the accessible parts along the periphery of the pond or directly into the filter or skimmer. As diatoms are most active early in the morning, it is recommended that Nualgi be dosed at dawn, once a week. UV should be unplugged while using Nualgi. Nualgi promotes a natural balance in your ponds by promoting the growth of diatoms, beneficial bacteria, microbes and plankton. UV kills diatoms and other beneficial organisms and can also alter their ability to reproduce. Balancing the pond can take anywhere from 3 to 70 days depending on the starting point as regards the population of beneficial organisms. If the pond has been previously treated with UV or Algaecide, then dosing of beneficial bacteria and some additional oxygenation via air stones along with Nualgi will speed up the process of restoring the pond to a natural balance. If results are not seen in 4 weeks, please provide your pond information using this link http://nualgiponds.com/pond-diagnosis-form/. Once the pond is clear and fish are active then dose Nualgi only as needed.
Toxicity, Precautions and Side Effects:
Nualgi has been tested to be non-toxic as per APHA (2012) and OECD (1992).Nualgi has no impact on humans and is even safe if small amounts are consumed accidentally. Overdosing will cause excess diatoms and water will turn brown. Nualgi has no side effects when dosed in water. Beneficial bacteria, zooplankton and fish grow in a healthy manner in ponds and lakes dosed with Nualgi.
Using Nualgi in Winter:
Nualgi Ponds should be dosed every 7 days, preferably in the morning to maximize effectiveness. You can use Nualgi Ponds throughout the winter and spring by following dosing on the label. Use reduced dose frequency as the water temperature changes.
Every season has its challenges! By following the dosing instructions provided on the Nualgi label you can have excellent results throughout the winter and spring. Proper dosing frequency depends on water temperature.
Here are some guidelines on dosing Nualgi in cooler weather to help your pond maintain a healthy bacteria population:
- Above 50° – Dose Nualgi Ponds every week.
- Between 40° & 50° – Dose Nualgi Ponds every other week.
- Below 40° – Dose Nualgi Ponds once every month.
- Below freezing – If your pond freezes, Nualgi Ponds will not be effective until the water temperature is again above freezing.
Something to keep in mind: Bacteria start to go dormant at colder temperatures. They are only 50% effective at 65° and just 25% effective below 50°.
Marion M from Apex, NC 12/5/21:
This is my second order of Nualgi and I'm so pleased with the results I've received. Prior to purchasing Nualgi, I tried numerous products to get rid of algae in my koi pond with no results. As you advertised, it took less than 5 days to see results with Nualgi. I will continue ordering your product as needed and have already recommended it to other people.
Last year the nualgi was brown and this year it's a clear slightly milky white fluid. Will it work the same?
The formulation has been improved due to increased availability of certain nano materials. This has made it more effective although lighter in color.
What is Nualgi Shelf Life?
Nualgi’s shelf-life is equal to 3 years from the date it was opened, provided it is not exposed to direct light. To maximize the shelf-life, users should close the lid after drawing each dose and store the bottle away from direct light at room temperature
|Gallons In Pond||Max Amount|
**Adding extra, will actually decrease the effectiveness. It is better do half a dose than to overdose.**
- WHAT TO EXPECT
- You should see less algae buildup on the pond surface and in the filter. Eventually you’ll be able to reduce the amount you feed fish.
- If you have floating plants, you should see them thrive and become more colorful. In all ponds water should look clearer with fish more active & vibrant.
- In a severely eutrophic ponds, results will be visible by the first afternoon – bubbling up of oxygen, foul odor stops, Blue Green Algae may crash and float up, etc. It may appear brown, but that is part of the process.
- BEFORE YOU DOSE
- Shake the bottle vigorously and measure out the proper dose. Better to under dose than to add more than the recommended amount.
- Physically remove dead leaves, debris and any algae that you can scoop out before starting the Nualgi dose.
- TIMING YOUR DOSE
- Nualgi Ponds should be dosed every 7 days, preferably in the morning to maximize effectiveness.
- ALTERNATE DOSING FOR PONDS WITH SIGNIFICANT ALGAE BUILDUP
- Nualgi Ponds should be dosed every 5 days where algae covers 20% of the Pond. Reduce dosage to once per 7 days after algae drops to 10% of the pond.
- HOW TO DOSE
- Extract the appropriate dose and dilute in appropriate amount of water. Pour the mixture directly into your pond while walking around the periphery.
- Store in a dark cool place – Nualgi does not need to be refrigerated but should be stored away from direct light.
Please take pictures and keep records of your water to gauge progress in your pond!
Benefits of Using Nualgi Ponds
When you supplement your regular maintenance with Nualgi Ponds, you will be able to:
- WATCH YOUR POND FLOURISH – Nualgi Ponds will significantly improve water quality as well as the health of fish and plants. For many eutrophic ponds, results may be visible by afternoon on the first dose– starting with the bubbling up of oxygen, elimination of odor, and Blue Green Algae crashing and floating to the surface.
- SEE MORE – By reducing nuisance algae growth, Nualgi Ponds improves water clarity and visibility to reveal more of the pond’s environment and its inhabitants.
- FEED LESS – By restoring missing nutrients, Nualgi Ponds brings balance to the natural marine food chain from the bottom up by promoting the growth of diatoms and zooplankton – free food for your fish and shrimp!
- SHOW IT OFF – Enjoy peace of mind knowing that your pond is healthy, clear, and odor-free. Friends and guests will be impressed, and we won’t tell them how easy it was to restore the natural beauty of your pond.
Can I use Nualgi in my Aquarium?
The conditions in an aquarium are very different. Aquarium owners typically operate in a controlled low nutrient environment. So we do not have the nitrogen and phosphorus for diatoms to grow. Silica can also be a limiting factor. Outdoor ponds are very different with natural availability of nutrients as organic matter such as leaves and plants bring those in along with rain water bringing in runoff. For pond owners, please direct them to this link to get troubleshooting support https://nualgi.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1260804914130