3 Polished Top Basalt Column Kits
Starts at: $1,154.97
Complete Kits for easy professional installations.
- Three pack set of Real Basalt columns - one each of 10", 14", 20" columns
- Kit also includes FBL40 Basin, Pump, Light Kit, and plumbing
- Polished tops spill water from various sides
- Recommended for flow rate of 200 to 400 gph per column
- Each column is core drilled with 1 1/4″ (32mm) hole from end to end, the last 1 1/2″ is enlarged to 1 3/8″ (37mm) to house optional light ring.
- Natural cut sides with polished end make for a beautiful display even if the pump is off.
- Due to natural characteristics of the basalts the size, weight and number of sides will vary. Kits include:
• Three basalt columns, sizes listed below
• FBL48 basin (48" Basin with bench grating- 46 Gallon Capacity - 11.75" Tall)
• MP1000 pump
• Splitter and PK3L plumbing kit
• LED8B3 light kit
What is the diameter of the basalt columns? Does the
basin need reinforcing to handle this column weight? And is all of the
plumbing for each column included in the plumbing kit sent?
Easy Pro Answer:
The diameter on the columns vary from 7" -
11". We do recommend adding support to the basins to handle the
weight of the columns. The basins are just to hold the water. With
proper support the actual weight of the basalts is transferred to the ground
underneath. Cinder blocks work very well in the basins for added
support. Here is a link to the instructions for the installing
the basalt kits: http://easypropondproducts.com/media/pdfs/tranquil-decor-basalt-kit-instructions.pdf
The plumbing, pump, tubing, and lights are included in the
Winterizing Basalt Fountains:
If you live in a climate that experiences prolonged freezing conditions then we recommend removing the pump from the basin. Place the pump in a bucket of water if you have an “oil-and-seals” type pump and store it in a place that will not freeze. If you have a mag-drive pump, just clean and store.
Do not drain the basin during the winter months- allow the water to freeze in the basin so that the ground doesn’t cause the basin to rise or “pop up” from expansion of the freezing soil around it.
The Rock Columns are manufactured to withstand freezing conditions and can be left outside during the winter months. There is no need to cover the Rock Columns.
View the PDF for complete operating instructions.