Dwarf Papyrus - Cyperus Nanus
Starts at: $5.96
SKU: 100191Sorry, this item is out of Stock
Mini version of Egyptian Paper Reed, green stems to 24-30”
Dwarf Papyrus has thin, dark green stalks topped with light green tufts of foliage.
It is viviparous and will grow new plants from the tops.
This dwarf papyrus grows to 30" tall and is ideal for patio water gardens and small ponds.
Winters over well as a houseplant in colder climates, simply place pot in a tray of water in bright light.
Shipping Size: 4" Square Pot - Approximate 12" Plant
- Origin: Africa
- Height: 18" to 24" - Spread: 12" to 14" Wide
- Light: Full sun to partial shade
- Water: Keep the soil evenly moist at all times. Never allow the soil to dry out.
- Humidity: Average room humidity
- Temperature: Normal room temperatures 60-75°F/16-24°C. Cyperus papyrus is not winter-hardy. You can move your container outdoors for the summer, if you want. But bring it back in when the temperature drops below 55°F/13°C.
- Soil: Any good potting mix.
- Fertilizer: Feed monthly spring through fall with a balanced liquid fertilizer diluted by half. Only fertilize when watering to avoid fertilizer burn.
- Propagation: Divide plant in spring. Or take 4 in (10 cm) stem tip cuttings in spring and root them in water. Papyrus plant is also easy to grow from seed.
- Hardiness Zone: 10-11
- Planting Container: 2 gallon solid planting container or a medium planting bag.
- Water Depth: Moist soil or water up to 3" deep (Maximum water depth is for mature bog plants)