Starts at: $5.14
Tap water and well water often contain various chemicals that are unhealthy for pond and aquarium environments. For example, tap water often contains high residual chlorine or chloramines. Well water may contain more metals than are healthy, or may contain too much hardness.
Dechlorinator from UltraClear is specially formulated to make tap water safe and healthy for all fish, wildlife, and plants instantly.
There are four main functions performed by UltraClear Dechlorinator:
- Removes chlorine and chloramines
- Promotes slime coat to protect fish gills
- Detoxifies heavy metals
- Reduces long term nitrate build up
How Does UltraClearŪ Dechlorinator Work?
Sodium thiosulfate, a well-known and safe chemical for such water treatment, neutralizes chlorine and chloramines. Polyvinylpyrrolidones are polymers that promote the slime coat that covers fish gills, improving health. Organic chelating compounds are also included because of their ability to bind to, and thereby detoxify, heavy metals. UltraClearŪ Dechlorinator also includes compounds that reduce long-term nitrate buildup. While not itself toxic, nitrate can contribute to other problems such as algae blooming.
- Safe for fish, wildlife and plants when used as directed
- Contains no phosphates, nitrates or silicates (which cause algae growth)
The proper product dose is based on the volume of tap or well water that you are treating. When doing a partial water exchange or fill up, treat based on the added water only, not on the total volume in the pond or tank.
The recommended dose rate is 8 ounces per every 1000 gallons, which will be a very effective dose for more than 95% of all circumstances. In some unusual cases, chlorination may be particularly heavy. This may require a higher product dose to ensure water safety. However, do not add more than the recommended dose in any one application. If you suspect that your water supply has unusually high chlorine levels, dose as recommended, allow one day to pass, test your water, and reapply product if needed.
Do not exceed one dose in 24 hours. When used as directed, will not harm fish, wildlife or plants. Not safe for human ingestion, and like any household chemical, should be stored out of reach of children.